Friday, September 26, 2008

Do You File or Pile?

As I look around my office, daydreaming about anything I can think of that will distract me from work, I am gazing upon the piles of unfinished business and other “stuff” on my desk. I see the manuscript for my next book (The Belly Button Fairy), a cute little fairy doll sitting atop my computer, the latest copy of “O” Magazine and a piece of jewelry that needs to be repaired. Now I look across the room, peering jealously at my husband’s desk. He has a lot of boring things such as bills and invoices, along with several relatively neat stacks of reading materials. He actually knows what is in each stack. He even keeps a huge archaic file cabinet where he files away everything he can think of, everything in labeled folders. I, on the other hand, use the 21st century method of storing everything in my computer, all under cute little titles that I can never find when I need them. This is the difference between rightbrained people (me) and leftbrained people (my husband). Who is correct? Depends on who you ask.

No comments: